It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 10:14 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Incursion Timers are Divisive - Path of Exile
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:04 am 
In Training

My System: Other
Institution: i.e. Oxford University
Personally, I'm dubious as to how well a timer can work. If it's tuned to be at all meaningful to fast players with effective builds, no noob will ever achieve anything in an incursion. They will not kill an architect. They will not open a door. Conversely, if it's tuned so that a noob player with a shocking mess of a build can achieve something, then it will be so lenient that for the bulk of experienced players, it might as well not exist. I just don't see much of a possible middle ground here. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that experienced players with proper build will clear mobs at least ten times as fast as new players.

So even though I'm definitely a "stop and smell the roses" kinda player, I'm actually really looking forward to Incursion League, and I don't even see it as being an overtly speed meta League as a whole. In fact, the temple run looks like an amazing dungeon crawling experience and I imagine the backtracking that is possible in there can be seen as quite the opposite of a speed meta zone.

However, I'm really not a huge fan of the 10 second countdown timer that we are going to have for our 11 incursions before we get into the temple. It seems unnecessary and stressful to me, and while I understand that the point of it is to put the player in a bit of a conundrum about how they want to spend their time, I feel there are better ways to achieve this "decision making" gameplay aspect than the addition of a time limit. In fact, it's pretty obvious that this game is divided between those that love going fast, and those that don't, and while fast players can go fast regardless of the timer, this timers inclusion removes the option to relax while playing and instead forces slowbros to race the clock which is not enjoyable at all for those people.

What's more, it seems pretty clear that time restriction isn't a necessary part of these events to achieve the decision making aspect that you guys are going for. We are forced to decide which architect to kill regardless of the timer which is great and enjoyable for everyone. If you limit it to one key + door per zone, we would be forced to choose which route to unlock as well. Gotta go fast players will still go fast and get more temples done per hour, but smell the roses players such as myself would also be able to enjoy the content without feeling stressed out and feeling like we have to play the meta build that can clear the zone as fast as necessary. For more poe tips and tricks, stay tuned to U4GM. You can choose www.u4gm.com where you can poe buy currency cheap.

Top Profile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]